As for most of SCS Software games, players can make, design and implement mods (short for modifications) for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator. This ultimate guide is your community source creating modifications that range from paint jobs, creating drivable vehicles to maps.
The modding community around the game(s) creates amazing modifications of almost every nature - anything you imagine can be added as a mod for the game. The community created content varies from simple cosmetic mods that change looks of your trucks, to fully new trucks and even map extensions being created on regular basis. 
- Trucks: Players have a free hand of creating new trucks (or even other vehicles to drive!) that can later be driven inside the game during your career. The modding teams have already created various alternate cabs that you can put in the game ranging from historical models to different adaptations of existing trucks.
- Trailers and Cargo: Anyone can create new trailers that can then be used in the game - the only limit is your creativity! Modders often create packages that add cargo trailers that exceed the content seen in regular game by creating oversized loads or loads that exceed the nominal weight limit to add more challenge to your deliveries.
- AI and Traffic Mechanics: AI traffic, just as other elements in the game, can be changed to your likings - some players create vehicle packs to better represent local traffic and some choose to add more unique vehicles such as sport cars to make the drives even more interesting as you get a chance to pass them.
- Environment and Weather: Players have a free hand to create new buildings or other map assets for existing maps or extend and refine the game by redesigning shipping companies. Entire shipping businesses can be created on top of the game to add even more playability to existing places.
- Buildings and Companies: Players have a free hand to create new buildings or other map assets for existing maps or extend and refine the game by redesigning shipping companies. Entire shipping businesses can be created on top of the game to add even more playability to existing places.
- World and Map Design: Any part of the map can be altered to add more challenge or simply make the world to your likings. The modding teams have created multiple map modification projects that either enhance the existing locations or add new territories that are not normally available in the game.
- Gameplay Mechanics: Most existing aspects of the gameplay can be tweaked in any way that comes up to your mind - you may alter certain game features to make the game play easier, while increasing difficulty in other elements to provide a bit of extra challenge.
Before you get started
Note: Please see Patch Notes/Modding for Patch Notes and latest changes of code and/or additions.
Finishing your mod